Why are coaches needed?
- Do You Have Shrinking Cash? – The revenue ceiling stays stubbornly and painfully low. This is a prime situation for coaching to make sure that the company thrives and staff get paid.
- Do You Have a Dream and You’re Determined? — Think of sports. Why do they need coaches? They already have a team captain or quarterback. The coach doesn’t even play in the game! They bring in a coach when they plan to play to win.
- Are You Talented and Frustrated? – Coaches are brought in when effective leaders are stuck in bad circumstances. You have tried for 2 years to build a nonprofit with sustainability and the deficit won’t allow another year without turning it around. I’ve been there and survived and you can too.
Why do Nonprofits need coaching?
Nonprofits need coaching more than for-profit corporations
- They face the same pressures as for-profits to have cash for payroll
- They have fewer opportunities to borrow money
- Government often pays late
- Government contracts assume that competent managers don’t need competitive salaries
- Many nonprofits between $4-$10 million in revenue are in a Valley of Death where the compliance costs are greater than they can afford (Goldman Sachs study)
- Charitable gifts under shrinking under new tax laws
Why is Scaling Up Strategic Planning unique?
There are many consultants and many planning systems but my coaching offer is unique. I stay with most clients for 3 years. I become a trusted confidante — providing a peer-to-peer sounding board. I act as the co-architect in the creation of a scalable action plan designed to act ASAP. I work with you to develop a team that quickly increases cash and profitability, reduces duplication of efforts, and positions your nonprofit as a central leader in its area of mission.
The definition of a Scaling Up company is that the revenue has grown by 20%, year over year, for 4 or more periods. In the companies I typically meet with revenues of $4 – $50 million, Scaling Up is a plan to double the size of the company in 4 years.
The decision to Scale requires planning and change in 4 areas
- Getting the right people in the right seats doing the right things
- Abundant cash to fund strategy
- A long range and mid range strategy that can deliver the revenue targets
- Flawless execution so that leaders spend 60% of their week in leadership instead of fixing problems.
As in sports, the coach is indispensable to winning if this is what your company wants.
It seems risky to hire a coach. We never tried it before!
Very true. My solution is to offer a Gold Coaching Engagement plan. You can try before you commit to a contract together.
We start with 2 days of team coaching for 5-15 leaders in your company. If I am the right coach for your company, we can prove it in two days. If it is a disappointment, then simply pay for whatever percentage you received of what you expected and we part friends.
If I prove that it’s your empowering partner, then we create an annual agreement.
It starts with an email now — Ronald.Tompkins@TAConsulting.live
I’ll respond to get a free hour-long phone conversation scheduled.