Since most nonprofit leaders haven’t seen a four hour workweek since Kindergarten — it’s a tempting fad right now. Tim Ferris promises it in a book that has topped all charts on Amazon. Could it work for us? Imagine ……..
- Food provider? – Drop ship to client house and save onsite labor!
- Counseling? – Make an app that clients can use themselves with a 5 minute phone consultation at the end.
- Education? – On demand videos and educational games online!
Sorry —- Getting your NonProfit turned around requires passion and labor. If it were easy, you wouldn’t need us!
Does it ever get easier? Definitely, yes. I say that from experience.
- After you fill your company with people that you would enthusiastically rehire, you will have more skills available from people who work together. Magical!
- After you have clarity and discipline in your strategy, your leadership team energy will waste less energy on projects that are not that critical. Magical!!
- After you have created a coaching system with staff that reduces errors and eradicates your time to repair problems, you double your leadership time. Magical!!!
- After the nonprofit starts to turn around in the 2nd quarter, your cash improves and you sleep at night. Magical!!!!
I’m not sure about the 4 hour workweek. Frankly, I’d be bored. But I can promise you a normal workweek with time for fun and family – and the chance to do good too!
If you want One Minute TurnArounds by email, please sign up!
GDPR – Your email is collected by an automated system so that the One Minute Manager posts can be sent. You will be invited twice a year to a two hour Scaling Up workshop for CEOs and EDs. Annually, you will be offered an Ebook and asked whether the resources of TurnAround Business Coaching are helpful.
A maximum of 10 companies per year develop a relationship for Business Coaching to turn around their company or scale up past a growth barrier.
PS. This link is a critique of the 4 Hour workweek.